Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let's learn about 1939!!!

Year 1939 History Facts from Wilikipedia.
Wow, after reading over historical facts from this year, many more educated people than I, already know that this is the year that WWII began.  What a crazy time period to be learning about.  Something we hear about from education all our teenage and young adult life.  I am interested to see how the literature of this time is effected by the on goings taking place.

January
February
March
 April
May
 June
July
 August
September
October
 November
December
December 2La Guardia Airport opens for business in New York City..
 Undated
Okay I want to know what you thought was interesting in the dates?  Yes I understand the heavy importance of WWII, so I want to know one WWII fact that made you think and then one other.  For example
My WWII fact: the boat that was turned away. (June) 
My other fact: so many historical places were just starting.  Jefferson Memorial, San Fran Bridge, NY Airport.  Funny how these places I have always excepted as being there!  Never really thought of when they were made!

No comments:

Post a Comment