Thursday, September 22, 2011

Little Golden Books!!!


Oh how I LOVE little Golden Books!  The remind me of being a child.  I have a good sized collection of Golden Books, mostly Disney, that I am starting to read to my own children.  I remember having them all lined up on my bookshelf, shiny and exciting spines all lined up together.  I also remember one night when I left a stack of them in the back yard only to discover the next morning that they had been destroyed by the morning dew.  I was crushed! 

Do you have a favorite Golden Book?  Do you purchse them today for your family?

Tonight I read Walt Disney's Donald Duck and the One Bear: A Turn-About Tale.  Copyright 1978

I really liked this tale, it was the classic goldielocks story but with a bear trying things out inside of Donald Ducks house!  Very cute!  I was also impressed by the vocabulary I got to read to my son.
Here are two words we ran across, chorused and culprit.  You just never know when you can find new learning!

Once I was done reading to Christopher tonight I went online to do a quick search.  I found this really fun website!
http://www.antiquebooks.net/library.html

It has copies of Golden Books that you can read and enjoy online!  Can't wait to share it with my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment