Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Does your life feel like a Circus? Here is a book for you!


1951 Caldecott Honor: If I Ran The Circus
By Dr. Seuss
Because we all are very familiar with Dr. Seuss and his work I thought it would be fun to see some images of him and his work.  Enjoy!


Working on the Grinch!

Anyone want to take me here?  It looks like a lot of fun!

Book Summary

A young boy sees the potential of a vacant, dirty lot behind his favorite local store!  The young boy begins to make plans to clean up the lot and bring in the Circus!

Illustrations:

Classic Dr. Seuss!  Keep in mind that when I say classic, it is classic today but back when he was just starting there were no other illustrators with the imagination and creativity.  It is easy to see why he was so honored and recognized.

Special Notes:

I don’t understand why but when I was researching this book everthing I read stated it was published in 1956.  However it was given the Caldecott Honor in 1951, not sure how this worked.  If you know the answer please let me know.  I am very curious!

Final Thoughts:

1. Would this be a book I would pick up again? Yes Yes Yes

2. Would I recommend it to others to search out and take a look at? Yes

3. Would I spend my hard earned money on the book? Yes!!!

4. Where did I get the book? Pierce County Library, WA



What more?  Here are some sites to check out!

http://www.seussland.com/?gclid=COXm1qC88KwCFQNchwod5D4yfQ

http://www.seussville.com/

http://www.seussville.com/activities/CIRCUS_WordSearch.pdf     

(word search for If I Ran the Circus)

No comments:

Post a Comment