Sunday, September 18, 2011

Video to Watch!


Previously I read a few books by the very famous lady, Virginia Lee Burton!  I found a video I wanted to watch.  Pierce County Library System was kind enough to order a copy so I could watch it and then share it with others.  I found it very interesting.  It does focus on Virginia Lee Burton as well as her community as an adult!  I have now learned that I really LOVE her style of art.  Block Printing.  Sketch Board.

Upon reflection it also made me think of another author/illustrator Wanda Gag.  Both of these ladies are in my favorite group now.  I now have visions of a place in my new home that I can frame work from both of these ladies!  They have given me inspiration for design!

My dream: a room that gets lots of light, walls painted soft white.  Sit in round window with a soft cozy sea blue pad on the bench, Pillows made from fabric with bright colored block prints!  Oh to dream!  OR a fun "retro" kitchen with towels and curtains from block prints.  Wow the ideas are just coming!  Now to get that new house!

The books that provided me with inspiration:
1939 Caldecott Honor Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Wanda Gag
1942 Caldecott Honor Nothing at All by Wanda Gag
1943 Caldecott Winner: The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
1948 Caldecott Honor: Song of Robin Hood written by Anne Malcolmson Illustrated by Virginia Lee Burton

Please reserve the video from Pierce County Library and enjoy it as I did!
Virgina Lee Burton: A Sense of Place
A film by Christine Lundberg and rawn Fulton
Here is a fun little taste of the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment